If you’re a small business practicing the Entrepreneur Operating System (EOS) and searching for an…
9 Must-Haves to Attract and Keep Sales Talent Video
I want to share with you 9 must-haves to attract and keep sales talent that you really want. It isn’t uncommon for me to have a conversation with a business owner that wants help with their sales department. They want to hire good sales talent, but the conversation slows down when the owner realizes the 9 must-haves to attract and keep sales talent they really want.
Build a Sales Department that Can Help You Scale Your Business
Here are 9 must-haves to attract and keep sales talent you want.
- The company needs to be competitive in the marketplace.
- Have a fair and competitive compensation offer that is documented. You don’t have to be the best offer out there. Many times you may need to offer more money when you don’t have the other eight elements working for you. In other words, putting effort into these 9 elements could save you money in the long run.
- Have a clearly-defined job description. A good candidate will expect you to have this in place and be able to share with him/her.
- Develop an ideal client candidate profile. We use “Profiles International” from Wiley. They help us develop a sales profile for each individual candidate based on company culture and the type of sales that the salesperson will be doing.
- Have a solid interview process. What is your process for interviewing and how does the candidate progress throughout? You will want to explain in detail to your candidate how things will go for them.
- Have clear guidelines for orientation and training and share with your candidate what they are.
- Clearly define the “target market” for your candidate.
- Define your sales process.
- Have a CRM in place.
When you get 9 must-haves in place to attract and keep sales talent you want, your investment will pay off.
Follow me on YouTube
This Post Has 0 Comments